Here at AnswerFirst, we work with small business owners and their customers 24/7.
Our clients save time and money by using our AnswerFirst answering services, but we know that they still spend countless hours devoted to their businesses.
With the following four time management tips, small business owners will find time to accomplish more business-related tasks, while also making time to enjoy life outside of work.
- Plan ahead. Create a written plan and schedule of when you would like to reach major business goals. This plan should be updated at least yearly to reflect business growth. Creating the plan will take time initially, but it will save time in the long run by helping you stay on course to reach your desired goals.Once a long-term plan is in place, think of what you will need to do each month, each week, and each day to successfully reach your business goals. Then, organize your daily agenda around routine tasks (counting cash in your drawer, taking inventory, etc.), important responsibilities (daily tasks to reach toward your goals), and urgent issues (problem solving, urgent client requests, etc.) Stay focused on specific, measurable, and realistic tasks each day in order to stay on track with your long-term business goals.
- Stop multitasking. Multitasking has been seen as a prime skill for business owners and employers for many years. But while multitasking is necessary sometimes, oftentimes it obstructs our ability to focus. Multitasking and focusing go hand in hand – without focus, multitasking will lead to mistakes and unfinished work. Multitasking might be needed at times, but if you can, focus on one task, complete it, and move on to the item on your agenda.
- Delegate and outsource. It might be hard to give up the reigns, but many small business owners find themselves overwhelmed when trying to do everything on their own. Think about the different aspects of your business and the routine tasks required, and evaluate whether or not it is essential for each task to be completed by you.For instance, consider the time you spend each day answering the phone, and think about how many calls are missed because you are too busy doing something else. If this sounds familiar, you could find an answering service like AnswerFirst. Not only will our answering service free up a large chunk of your time, it will also save you money. Our clients have found that it is often more affordable for businesses to use our virtual receptionists than it is to hire a full-time receptionist to answer the phones.
- Give yourself a break! Be sure to schedule a break each day so you don’t burn out. Taking a break will help you to feel less overwhelmed, and it will recharge you for the rest of the day to increase productivity. Don’t forget to schedule time off, too. Making a point to enjoy your life outside of work will make your business more rewarding in the long run.
Running a small business can be a huge challenge, but it’s also one of the most rewarding career paths. We hope that these time management tips help you save time AND money.
Want to learn more about our services?
Contact us today at 1-800-645-2616 or fill out our online request for more information and we’ll send you our pricing and plans packet today!
Latest posts by April Gillmore (see all)
- How to Provide Top-Notch Customer Service During the Busy Holiday Season - November 13, 2013
- Show Your Customers You Care - October 17, 2013
- The Survival Guide for Handling Customer Complaints - September 20, 2013